Video of the Moment
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Featured Author - Eden Unger Bowditch! - Part 1


I was born in Chicago, then moved to Paris at age twelve for a year. I moved back to the United States, but continued with a French education. I’ve lived in California, north and south, through high school and university. Playing in bands and writing filled my time. My husband and I lived in London for a semester, and returned to the United States, played in an alternative rock band together, made records, and toured North America with our first child, who was three months old when we hit the road. We moved to Baltimore, where my husband went to graduate school and we had two more children. In 2006, we moved to Cairo, Egypt, and remain there now.

As far as writing, I have always loved to write. - I’ve always been an avid reader. Sharing books with my children and reading as a family has always been a part of life in our house. YA literature is some of the very best writing out there. It is fun and exciting and an amazing challenge to write. Kids don’t care if it’s popular. They will only read what is good. It’s an exciting time to read and write in the YA genre. Readers are excited and there are such amazing books out there to read.

This is too true, and we've [YA Cove] had some great YA authors here, and Eden is our newest addition to that list!

5 comments:

Dana's Blah Blah Blog said...

Hubby and I were just in Cairo last October. Wonderful city! Good luck with your writing, Eden. =)

Sheila Deeth said...

Sounds like you've had some fun travels. I like your comment about kids reading what's good.

eden unger bowditch said...

Thank you both, Dana and Sheila! Cairo is a pretty exciting place right now. I am sure, with the revolution, you would note some changes since last October. And kids really do read what they want and what their friends recommend more than what the newspapers tell them to read.

Anonymous said...

Excellent thread, I have to thank you for this. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge. I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my website geography assignment as well and let me know what you think.
fluid mechanics assignment
finance assignment
law assignment
programming assignment

Goodtime said...

This is a very educative and helpful blog post, I really learnt a lot going through it, and I must commend you for this great piece which I considered very useful to me and other readers, keep it up, thanks. cut off mark for microbiology in osustech