Video of the Moment
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Featured Author - Sandra Cox! - Part 3

Hey there readers! Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I've been out with migraines. Cupid would have posted himself, but I kind of wouldn't give him the map to the cove. Telling Cupid where everything in the blog is would be like letting the patients run the asylum. Hopefully you enjoy the interview!

My guests today are, Braden Knight and Jolene Sayer – Please, have a seat on our lovely couch! – from Moon Watchers, a small town in Minnesota. Their tale can be found in Moon Watchers, a novel creation by Sandra Cox.

Before we begin, I must remind everyone to please try and keep your responses to a PG13 atmosphere – the Moonlight Mistresses rules, not mine *eye roll*. Double entendres are acceptable and widely encouraged for events and phrases we don’t want our young readers to really know about. Oooh, it will be so much fun trying to guess what you’re really saying!

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, draping his arm over the back and sipping his bubbly* That Miss Havana in Reaper’s Domain is one hot teacher and boy would I love to get into her…class! I might actually learn something…oh…did I say that out loud? *Clears throat* Sorry. Let’s get back to the interview.

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches!

Cupid: Please, Braden, tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

Braden: Mine of course. I first met her while she was visiting her cousin Zoe Tempest on Vampire Island.

Cupid: Oooh! Vampire Island. Sounds very interesting and spooky! Jolene, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

Jolene: Cupid, I’m afraid you are laboring under a terrible misapprehension and possibly shot the wrong person in the bum. I’m a werewolf hunter and Braden is a…*She lowers her voice and whispers* vampire. We couldn’t possibly have a relationship.

Cupid: Eh, every relationship has its obstacles, just accept them and see where this plays out. FYI – I aim for the heart, and I never miss! You’re just trying to resist what you already know is in your heart. This one’s for both of you. Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you feel about this?

Jolene: I’m still trying to figure out why Braden showed up in Moon Watchers.

Braden: This is the month of the crimson moon. I knew Jolene would be in trouble and would need all the help she could get.

Cupid: Think about this Jolene – Why would Braden show up on your doorstep if he didn't care about you? This one is also for both of you. How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

Jolene: *Taps her fingers restlessly on her thighs.* I told you, there can never be a relationship between a werewolf hunter and a vampire. And can you imagine what my cousin and her uncle, who both hunt vampires would say. *She shudders.*

Braden: *Just gives her an enigmatic look.*

Cupid: Jolene, in matters of love, it only matters what's in your heart and no one else's opinion but yours should matter. Braden, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Jolene?

Braden: Well now it seems to be the werewolf hunter, vampire thing doesn’t it?

Cupid: That's not as big an obstacle as she's making it out to be. The old saying, "making a mountain out of a mole hill" comes to mind. This is for either of you. Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

Jolene: Oh for goodness sake. How many times do I have to tell you we’re not together.

Braden: Well, Zoe Tempest did introduce us.

Cupid: Jolene, anyone listening to you can tell that you’re in complete denial. I know our readers have enjoyed learning about you two so far, but I’m getting a little bored, so I’m going to heat things up. Jolene, how would you end this sentence, "I wish Braden would _____?" *leans forward to eagerly hear your response*

Jolene: Go away!

Cupid: Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. Braden, would you prefer to give Jolene a bubble bath or a back massage? Why?

Braden: Well Cupid, what I’d really like to do is run my teeth along her neck.

Cupid: Oooh! That's got oodles of fun possibilities. Are you sure it wouldn't be too tempting to take more than a tiny nibble?

Braden: I’m a vampire with super human, for lack of a better word, restraint. Would you like me to demonstrate on your neck, Cupid?

Cupid: How many of you remember that old show, The Newlywed Game? Well, these next questions are going to help us play a similar game. Braden, what would Jolene say is your aphrodisiac? *waggles eyebrows*

Braden: I’m a vampire. There’s nothing about me she can resist, my breath, my scent, my voice.

Cupid: Jolene, is he right? How would you have answered that question?

Jolene: *Jolene crosses her arms and stares at Cupid in stony silence.*

Cupid: *grin*That sure indicates agreement in my book! *crosses ankles and rubs his chin* Braden, what would Jolene say is a spot guaranteed to drive you crazy with passion? Is she correct in that assumption?

Braden: Her mouthwatering neck pressed against my lips.

Jolene: In your dreams, Vamp.

Cupid: Tsk, tsk, Jolene, I thought you'd have figured out by now that Braden is a special breed. I wouldn't have matched him up with you if I thought it wouldn't work. Now, Jolene, as far as you know, what is Braden’s idea of a perfect date?

Jolene: If we were dating—which we aren’t—he’d no doubt drag me to see Twilight and then take me out to dinner and order a steak so rare blood pooled in the plate.

Cupid: Braden, is she correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Braden: No, she’s not correct. *He turns toward Jolene and looks deep into her eyes.* On our first date, we’ll walk along the beach on a clear night and run barefoot through the sand. Then we’ll go to an outdoor café and slow dance while the local band plays in the background.

Cupid: Braden, your turn in the hot seat. What is Jolene’s idea of a perfect date?

Braden: No doubt hunting Weres. * He says dryly.*

Cupid: Jolene, is he correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Jolene: Well it doesn’t involve werewolves or full moons. * She crosses her arms and taps her toes.*

Cupid:Oooh! She's a feisty one! The next two questions are for both of you. What's the most romantic thing your lover has ever done for you?

Jolene: Turned into a bat *Jolene says sarcastically.*

Braden: Jolene’s not much given to anything she considers romantic or sappy, but I caught her looking at me once, when she thought I wasn’t watching. It took my breath away.

Cupid: If you could change one thing about your relationship, what would it be?

Jolene: I keep telling you, Cupid, we don’t have a relationship.

Braden: I wouldn’t change a thing.

Cupid: Jolene may be rolling her eyes and denying the relationship, but the sparks coming off these two is...well...darn close to a fourth of July fireworks grand finale! So, have the two of you had time to settle into any Valentine's Day traditions?

Jolene: *Rolls eyes.* No.

Braden: I would say our first tradition will be avoiding full moons.

Cupid: That sounds like a good idea, Braden. On that note, I think will end our interview. Thanks to Braden and Jolene for joining us today. We hope you’ll check out their story, Moon Watchers. After reading it, I think you'll come to the same conclusion - the lady doth protest too much! :)


To learn more about their author, Sandra Cox, visit:
Her website: sandracox1.com
Her blog: downtownya.blogspot.com

0 comments: